Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My baby girl is 21 weeks and 1 day old now.

Sorry, didn't update blog because I was not feeling very well and was very busy with work.

Good news! I am pregnant!
After close to 6 years of marriage... I will be delivering in another 19 weeks. This is my baby girl at week 13... Her gender was only disclosed last week after I visited my gynae, Dr Peter Chew at Gleneagles Medical Centre.

My baby girl is 21 weeks and 1 day old now. Hey, honestly, I don't mind if you sponsor some baby items (clothes, car seats, cot, milk pump, milk bags, milk bottles, etc), I can help you advertise your company's products on my blog! Just drop me a message or leave a comment!


My baby has a sharp chin at week 13! So shy, we couldn't see her gender then when she closed her legs.

I have been receiving a lot of emails and calls regarding TRA and ageloc. I bought 6 sets of ageloc upon its launch and now I have 2 sets of 10 left. Some I gave/ sold to friends an some my Hubby and I consumed rigorously before my pregnancy. If you want to try, maybe you can contact me by emailing me  (jennpoh@gmail.com) with your contact details. I have been taking ageloc after I finished my TRA programme, all the way till I knew I was pregnant in late March. I have stopped taking as my gynae prescribed me lots of supplements, too many I cannot keep track plus I had cough and flu. Honestly, ageloc is very useful to give energy boost and some say improve vitality. 


This is me last year after losing weight (wearing wig. lol). now I have gained weight due to pregnancy.




Recently, I discovered I had anaemia and last week, I was diagnosed as having gestational diabetes (GD). They say if you have a history of diabetes in the family, you will have a higher chance of getting. Plus I had PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) so maybe that also increases the chances of getting GD. I thought my world was crashing down but I guess this is not the worse.  consuming some half cup of orange juice with my liquid iron supplement (spatone). I put on 10kg in 20 weeks.

I have thought that being pregnant, I should eat more. However, this is not supposed to be right. I have been eating lots of carbohdyrates andI stopped taking lots of vegetables. I feel very lethargic and often had terribly swollen feet. With the gyane's recommended diet, I managed to keep my blood sugar down but I feel very tired and look pale... 

With my friend's help, my hubby bought me a glucose meter to track my blood sugar yesterday. 

2hrs after eating, I got 4.7... means I might not have eaten enough.


It was so difficult to test and I wasted 2 strips before I got it right. I pricked myself more than 4 times on my little finger and the starting process was so tedious and so time consuming. Even now, I feel that the glucose meter is too fast for me to test my blood. Every time must prick at least twice to get blood. Not sure if it got to do with me having quite a low blood pressure.

Now, that I am diagnosed with gestational diabetes, I realised that my 3333 programme (from TRA) should have been continued.  I can do better if I can control my diet.I have lost at least 1.5 kg in less than a week but my blood sugar level is still ok.. 

Most importantly, my baby girl must be alright!





No comments:

Post a Comment