Friday, June 24, 2011

Dilation and curettage

Hey!!
I got a follower! I am so happy!!! :)


On the Wednesday that just passed, I got the results of my D & C which was done at the same time as my Laparoscopic Ovarian Drilling Laser Operation. 


From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilation_and_curettage:
Dilation (or dilatation) and curettage (D&C) refers to the dilation (widening/opening) of the cervix and surgical removal of part of the lining of theuterus and/or contents of the uterus by scraping and scooping (curettage). It is a diagnostic gynecological procedure as well as a rarely used method of first trimester abortion.[1][2]


I was diagnosed as having 'Disordered proliferative endometrium' and my gynae said I was lucky as it is not cancer. I must take medicine to make my uterine lining (endometrium) normal.


Can anyone tell me what is this condition? My gynae said it is totally different from endometriosis which meant the menstrual blood flowed backwards.


Even now, when I accidentally pressed against my surgery scars,  could feel a bump below and it could be painful when pressed. I think only the surface cells patched up as scars but inside haven't totally recovered yet.


After I recover from this, I would want to offer more support to women who face the same problems.







No comments:

Post a Comment