Saturday, October 30, 2010

MBT Vs Sketchers shoes

Bought Sketchers Shape-ups 'Mary Jane' shoes almost a month ago during a 10% off for citibank card holders.I bought a bigger size then because my size was sold out. I bought a size 7. It was quite loose but luckily the velcro strap can be adjusted. I didn't really wear them often because I was sick and bedridden for some days for the 2-3 weeks of fever and illness. I think I should have worn about 5 times.

2 days ago, a lady saw me walking in the Sketchers shoes and she asked if they were the MBT shoes. I told her the shoes I wore are a cheaper alternative to the MBT shoes and I continued telling her for about 10 mins about my shoes.

On that very day, I saw a promotion in which the MBT shoes were going for $280 instead of the usual $399! I was very tempted by the huge discount. I tried the shoes and couldn't find my size, as the sizes were sold out. Then, I just grabbed the smaller size (36 and 1/3) and paid for them as I couldn't resist the chance to try out the shoes.. 

The boxes...
Sketchers shoes come with a CD on how to walk wearing the shoes but I have not watched it yet.
You are not supposed to wear for more than 30mins for the first 2 weeks so as to get accustomed to wearing and walking with them. I didn't abide by this rule and my legs felt extremely tired after one day. Now, I have accustomed to wearing them so I don't really feel as tired now.


The shoes... 
Dark Brown on the left are MBT shoes. The greyish ones on the right are Sketchers shoes.
It might not be accurate to compare the two brands of shoes which are not of the similar make. 
I didn't get the more expensive similar make version for the Sketchers shoes as they are black and not visually as aesthetic as this pair of MBT shoes.

However, since they work on the same principle of maintaining balance/equilibrium, so it is quite alright.
I find it easier to wear the Sketchers shoes by opening and closing the velcro straps and the tightness of the fit can be adjusted too. The drawback would be the velcro tends to stick to my socks and some velcro would become frayed...

The shoelaces for MBT are shorter than usual sports shoes' but I cannot adjust the shoe size any further and thus my feet feel cramped inside. Perhaps if I were able to get a bigger pair of MBT shoes, then this problem won't exist. The MBT shoes are made of Gore-tex material is is waterproof and this is useful particularly when you go out during rainy seasons. The front of both brands of shoes are very hard and durable.


The exterior side views of the shoes. Notice the sole portions. Initially the Sketchers shoes will rock forth and back when you are not walking but after some time, there is no more rocking movement as I feel when I walk, the voluminous base seemed to be flattened now, especially so when you balance yourself on one leg. The MBT will still rock forth and back when you are not walking. the black part of the sole (see pic) will be depressed when you exert pressure on it and even when you balance yourself on one leg.













The Sketches shoes cost $152.10 after 10% off $169 while the MBT shoes cost $280.



















Though there is a size difference from the brand labels but both the inner sole pads are of the size as seen in the photographs, this shows that the cutting of the shoes are different.
But because the MBT shoes have more covered  parts than the Sketches shoes, which make the shoes seem tighter and smaller to me as I have wide and triangular feet.




After wearing either of these 2 pairs of shoes, my legs feel less tired than usual. Both of them have their pros and cons and are better than a lot of health shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment